What are the best brands and outlets in the US Furniture market share? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for Furniture market shares. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying Furniture, where they’re buying it, and what drives their decisions. Our Furniture Market infographic will help you answer the following questions about the market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the Furniture market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for Furniture:
- Amazon takes the lead for unit share in the Furniture market, growing significantly from last year. It now leads the unit share category by over 5 points.
- The dollar unit share lead is Ashley Furniture, it leads over Wayfair by 4 points.
- Despite a significant loss in both unit and dollar shares compared to a year ago, Ashley Furniture remains the leading brand in terms of unit and dollar share.
Wayfair is the only brand that has a significant increase in unit and dollar shares year over year.
How much do consumers spend on Furniture?
When purchasing Furniture, the 2020 industry average price paid is $575. However, the average amount spent at different retailers can vary. For example:
- Shoppers at Ashley Furniture spend twice that amount, averaging $1,154
- Shoppers buying Furniture on Amazon have an average price paid that is less than half of the industry average, at $218.
What demographic is buying Furniture?
Just who buys Furniture? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- Women make solo decisions on what to buy for 51% of Furniture purchased.
- Almost 40% of Furniture purchases are made by those who have lived at their current added for 5 years or more.
Furniture Market – Online Sales Trends:
With half of Furniture purchases now being made online, it is vital to keep track of online sales trends. Here’s just some of the trends that TraQline has uncovered:
- The percentage of Furniture purchases made online has increased dramatically from this time in 2019 (50 percent this year vs 36 percent in 2019).
- Amazon remains the most popular online outlet shopped, followed by Wayfair.
Furniture Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- The average price paid for Furniture ($575) is down 10 percent compared to last year’s average price.
- Office furniture purchases has increased significantly compared to a year ago, 25% of the total market now vs. 16% a year ago. All other product categories have declined compared to a year ago.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy: