TraQline provides the most comprehensive, industry-leading market data to companies selling consumer durables. Two of our most revolutionary tools, SKU Metrix and TraQline Hybrid POS, provide our most in-depth and actionable insights yet—reporting major appliance market share data at the SKU level.
SKU Metrix: SKU Data for the Major Appliance Industry
What is SKU Metrix?
TraQline SKU Metrix is an advanced market research platform with the industry’s most comprehensive competitive product library. Only SKU Metrix contains real-time data -collected daily – comparing over 17,000 active and discontinued major appliance SKUs. Users can instantly compare, sort, organize, and filter product details by brand, features, price, and more.
Uses of SKU Metrix
SKU Metrix can be used to create data-driven pricing strategies, promotional plans, competitive threat assessments, feature gap analyses, and to identify market opportunity wins. When you know how your products compare in the major appliance market, you can leverage your key features against the competition.
SKU insights can help optimize core components of your business, including category management, product management, sales, merchandising, pricing, onboarding, and more.
SKU Metrix Benefits
SKU Metrix offers highly accurate and actionable data to help your major appliance business surge ahead of the competition.
- Normalized Data: It can be challenging to collect reliable feature data when manufacturers often offer the same attributes under different names. SKU Metrix harmonizes this data by grouping similar features to provide quick, accurate, and easy-to-understand insights.
- Industry-leading Analysis Platform: Not only do we provide the data you need to identify winning market opportunities, but we make these insights easy by providing the tools to synthesize, sort, and visualize these insights.
- Time-Saving: SKU Metrix does the work of up to four analysts. Rather than you or your field team spending the time gathering vital SKU-level market data about product features pricing, you can go straight to work by using market insights to fuel your business.
Categories We Track
SKU Metrix tracks more than 17,000 active and discontinued SKUs in the major appliance industry. Our scope extensively covers the following categories:
- Laundry Appliance Industry (800+ SKUs)
- Laundry Centers & Combos
- Refrigeration Appliance Industry (3400+ SKUs)
- Wine & Beverage Coolers
- Freestanding Ice Makers
- Kitchen Cleaning Appliance Industry (800+ SKUs)
- Trash Compactors
- Garbage Disposers
- Cooking Appliance Industry (3700+ SKUs)
- Wall Ovens
- Home Comfort Appliance Industry (600+ SKUs)
- Air Conditioners
TraQline Hybrid POS: Major Appliance Hybrid Point of Sale Data
What Is Hybrid POS? TraQline’s Hybrid Point of Sale Platform
TraQline Hybrid POS provides sell-through market share for every major appliance model sold at the nation’s top retailers. Our system delivers unmatched granularity for top-selling retail SKUs across the industry’s leading appliance retailers: Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Best Buy. These “Big Three” major appliance retailers account for more than 60% of the industry’s retail sales.
TraQline Hybrid POS aggregates and synthesizes data directly from the marketplace, using critical marketing inputs that drive sales. Price, promotion, product, and placement data is derived from several sources, including the TraQline survey, floor shops, retailer websites, and purchase records into one easy-to-digest deliverable. TraQline has been recognized as the appliance industry gold standard for 20 years, and our experience and extensive data sources help us stand out from our competitors.
Uses of TraQline Hybrid POS
Data-driven insights can help improve almost every aspect of your appliance business—from marketing to merchandising, pricing, and beyond. Hybrid POS data can also serve as a strategy guide to growing your major appliance business’s success by identifying market gaps and helping you gain share.
Hybrid POS can also help retailers optimize sales. We know you have limited space on your showroom floors for large appliances. However, customers often want to see major appliances in person before buying. POS data from TraQline can help you determine which SKUs are the most profitable to showcase. Tailoring the retail floor layout to customer interest and SKU-level market trends can help you engage customers, close sales, and watch your profits skyrocket.
TraQline Hybrid POS Benefits
TraQline Hybrid POS is fueled by independent data. This powerful system offers high-level, accurate, and comprehensive major appliance data with exclusive benefits, like model-level insights by retailers. Most similar programs rely on retailer participation, which can create several significant data gaps:
- Participation gaps: Retailer participation in data collection is voluntary, and many retailers do not want to share their data. When data providers rely on retailer participation, you miss out on the data from retailers who opt out.
- Masked data: because retailers can’t give away proprietary model sales, SKUs sold only by that retailer (or any SKU sold by less than 3) are hidden from share calculations. HPOS Does not obfuscate any SKU – we calculate share for every SKU the big three sell.
- Transmission error: As data travels from retailers to aggregators and then customers, there are several points where transmission errors are possible. Direct data collection ensures complete and total accuracy.
- High Barrier to entry: setting up and maintaining a data feed for a vendor takes time to both setup and manage on an ongoing basis. Hybrid POS requires no direct input from either retailers or manufacturers, making it both easy and 100% objective.
Categories We Track
TraQline’s HPOS system currently tracks 8 of the largest categories in the major appliance market:
- Top mount fridge
- French door fridge
- Side door fridge
- Top load washer
- Front-load washer
- Freestanding range
TraQline SKU Data for the Major Appliance Industry
TraQline has been powering the major appliance market with industry-leading data for nearly 25 years. SKU Metrix and TraQline HPOS can give you all of the insights your major appliance business needs to excel in even the most competitive markets. Contact our professionals for a custom pricing quote today.