What are the best brands and outlets in US Small Appliance market share? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for Small Appliances market shares. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying Small Appliances, where they’re buying it, and what drives their decisions. Our Small Appliances infographic will help you answer the following questions about the US market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the Small Appliance market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for Small Appliances:
- Walmart continues to lead unit share in Small Appliances, about 10 points ahead of the next outlet (Amazon).
- Walmart and Amazon continue to lead in dollar share for Small Appliances. However, while Walmart unit share is relatively flat year over year, Amazon dollar share is up almost 2 points.
How much do consumers spend on small appliances?
When purchasing Small Appliances, the industry average price paid is $102 – which is higher than this time last year.
- Best Buy purchasers continue to show the highest average price paid at retailers – an average price paid of $212.
- Shoppers buying Small Appliances at Walmart have an average price paid that is significantly lower than the industry average (about $70).
What demographic is buying small appliances?
Just who buys small appliances? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- Women make solo decisions on what to buy for 53% of Small Appliance purchases and 76% of purchase have women involved in the purchase decision.
- About 50% of Small Appliance purchases are made by those who have lived at their current address for 5 years or more.
Small Appliance Market – Online Sales Trends:
Small Appliance purchases being made online are up from this time last year.
Here are just some of the trends that TraQline has uncovered:
- About 40% of Small Appliance purchases are being made online which is up significantly (1.5 points) from this time last year.
Small Appliance Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- The most important reasons for purchasing small appliances at a particular outlet remain “competitive price” and “good selection of products”. Amazon and Walmart over index in these attributes; likely leading to the higher unit share they typically have over other retailers year after year.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy: