What are the best brands and outlets in US Outdoor Power Equipment market share? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for OPE market shares. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying computer products, where they’re buying them, and what drives their decisions. Our Outdoor Power Equipment Market infographic will help you answer the following questions about the US OPE market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the Outdoor Power Equipment market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for OPE:
- Home Depot takes the lead for dollar share in the outdoor power equipment market.
- Craftsman brand OPE products wins 10% of consumer dollars.
- Walmart just edges out Amazon for dollar share, at 6.5% versus Amazon’s 6.4%.
How much do consumers spend on OPE products?
When buying outdoor power equipment, the industry average price paid for these products is $176. However, the average amount spent at different retailers can vary. For example:
- Shoppers buying outdoor power equipment at independent power dealers spend $216 on average.
- Shoppers at Amazon, on the other hand, spend about $134 on average.
What demographic is buying Outdoor Power Equipment products?
Just who buys OPE products like line trimmers and zero-turn mowers? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- It isn’t just men purchasing outdoor power equipment! 23% of buyers are women shopping solo.
- The South over-indexes on computer product purchasers: 43% live in that region.
Outdoor Power Equipment Market – Online Sales Trends:
With 23% of outdoor power equipment purchases being made online, it’s a good idea to keep track of online sales trends. Here’s just some of the trends that TraQline has uncovered:
- Amazon closes 71% of its OPE sales.
- 49% of buyers do at least some shopping for outdoor power equipment online.
- 21% of OPE buyers who buy online use ship to store.
Outdoor Power Equipment Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- Black & Decker and Craftsman had the highest consideration rates of all OPE brands.
- The average price paid for outdoor power equipment ($176) is up 1% over last year’s average price.
- When choosing an outdoor power equipment brand, American shoppers weigh product quality and brand name almost equally.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy: