What are the best brands and outlets in US Outdoor Power Equipment market share? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for Outdoor Power Equipment market share. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying, where they’re buying it, and what drives their decisions. Our Outdoor Power Equipment infographic will help you answer the following questions about the market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the Outdoor Power Equipment market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for Outdoor Power Equipment:
- Home Depot continues to significantly exceed other outlets for unit share (28%). However, Home Depot unit share is down almost 1 point from this time last year.
- Amazon, while 3rd in outlet unit share behind Home Depot and Lowe’s, is at 11% unit share (up over 2 points from this time last year).
- As an Outdoor Power Equipment product aggregate, Ryobi is the most popular brand with an 11% share of units purchased.
- Slightly behind Ryobi are Black & Decker and Craftsman brands. However, Black & Decker is down over 2 points from this time last year.
How much do consumers spend on OPE products?
When buying Outdoor Power Equipment, the aggregate industry price average is $181. However, the average amount paid at different outlets can vary. For example:
- Purchases at independent Power Dealers have an average price of $218 across the product aggregate.
- Walmart purchasers spend an average of about $130 across the product aggregate.
What demographic is buying Outdoor Power Equipment products?
Just who buys Outdoor Power Equipment? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- Almost two-thirds of purchasers are married (65%).
- 83% own their home.
- Of those shopping for Outdoor Power Equipment products, only men are involved in the process 56% of the time. Only women are involved in shopping 24% of the time. Both men and women are involved 20% of the time.
Outdoor Power Equipment Market – Online Sales Trends:
Most purchases across the product aggregate are made in a retail store (69%). About 27% of purchases are online.
- Online purchases for rolling four quarters ending June 2021 are down significantly from the previous two periods – likely due to more outlets open for business and less concerns over the pandemic.
Outdoor Power Equipment Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- The Amazon draw rate (15%) is significantly lower than Home Depot (40%) and Lowe’s (37%). However, the Amazon close rate (75%) is significantly higher than Home Depot (69%) and Lowe’s (59%).
- The top industry purchase drivers are “Competitive price” and Good selection of products”. Amazon excels at these two drivers and is significantly higher than other outlets in Q2 2021.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy: