What are the best brands and outlets in the Kitchen & Bath Fixtures market? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for Kitchen & Bath market shares. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying, where they’re buying it, and what drives their decisions. Our Kitchen & Bath infographic will help you answer the following questions about the market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the Kitchen & Bath Fixture market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for Kitchen & Bath Fixtures:
- Home Depot and Lowe’s continue to significantly exceed other outlets for unit share and dollar share. However, unit and dollar shares at Home Depot continue to steadily decline from Q3 2020. Home Depot share of sales are down significantly from this time last year.
- Amazon, while 3rd in outlet unit share behind Home Depot and Lowe’s, is at almost 9 percent unit share (up 2 points from this time last year).
- As a Kitchen & Bath Fixture product aggregate, Moen, Kohler, and Delta show a very similar unit share for the current quarter and are significantly higher than all other brands. All three brands increase slightly from this time last year. Kohler, however, has a clear lead over other brands for dollar share.
How much do consumers spend?
When buying Kitchen & Bath Fixtures, the aggregate industry price average is $195. However, the average amount paid at different outlets can vary. For example:
- Purchases at Home Depot and Lowe’s (the top outlets) show a similar average price paid. Average price at Home Depot is $155 and Lowe’s is $152 across the product aggregate.
- Amazon has the one of the lowest average prices paid at about $111 across the product aggregate.
What demographic is buying Kitchen & Bath Fixtures?
Just who buys Kitchen and Bath Fixtures? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- Two-thirds of purchasers are married (66 percent).
- 88 percent own their home.
- Of those shopping for Kitchen & Bath Fixtures, both men and women are involved in the purchase decision 33 percent of the time. Only women are involved in the process 37 percent of the time.
Online Sales Trends:
Most purchases across the product aggregate continue to be made in a retail store (69 percent). However, that percent has been steadily declining the past few years.
- Online purchases for rolling four quarters ending June 2021 are up significantly from the previous three periods.
Kitchen & Bath Fixture Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- The Amazon draw rate (12 percent) is significantly lower than Home Depot (47 percent) and Lowe’s (42 percent). However, the Amazon close rate (71 percent) is a little higher than Home Depot (70 percent) and significantly higher than Lowe’s (64 percent).
- The top outlet purchase drivers are “Competitive price” and Good selection of products”. Amazon excels at these two purchase drivers which partly explains a YoY increase in Amazon purchases.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy: